The CNY union catalog contains over 8 million books and a growing collection of e-books that are accessible by all member libraries.
The bibliographic records of the Center for Research Libraries (CRL) are included in the CNY catalog. Patrons from libraries with membership in CRL can easily request books through the CNY catalog.
Loan Policies for Patrons
- Circulating items are loaned for 42 days.
- A 42-day loan renewal will be granted if other patrons have not placed a hold on the item or it has not been recalled by the lending library.
- All loans are subject to recall by the lending institution at any time and must be returned immediately. Fines will be imposed for recalled items not returned promptly.
- Borrowers may check out items while visiting any ConnectNY library.
- Borrowers will be billed for the replacement cost of overdue items 30 days after loan expiration.
- The replacement cost amount will be rescinded for return of overdue items.