ConnectNY is a consortium of independent academic institutions in New York State. The mission of ConnectNY is to share collections, leverage resources, and enhance services through cooperative initiatives and coordinated activities.
With this Mission in mind, here are the formal consortial goals of ConnectNY:
- a union catalog with a single interface;
- unmediated, user-friendly request services operating in real time;
efficient and rapid delivery of materials;
- administrative and support staff to implement projects and maintain the technical infrastructure;
- opportunities for collaborative collection development;
- leveraging of staff expertise and member strengths;
- opportunities for more cost effective local system enhancements.
And finally this overarching conclusion:
To accomplish these goals, ConnectNY will be a self-sustaining consortia operating within a membership governance structure and budget model. ConnectNY will seek to expand membership and interface effectively with other consortia to further enhance and leverage cooperation.