April 17 & 18, 2019
Join us for CNY’s Collaboration Day at The Desmond Hotel in Albany, NY! Collaboration Day is a free professional development event open to all library staff at CNY member institutions. Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided on April 18. Registration is required for this event.
Click this link for a downloadable Attendee Information Packet.
CNY and the Community Engagement Committee are thrilled to announce some very exciting additions to this year’s program:
- Extended two-day event with training sessions on INN-Reach and Sierra Systems Administration provided by Innovative Interfaces, Inc.
- Keynote Speaker: Sarah Cohen, Managing Director of the Open Textbook Network (OTN)
- Vendor showcase
Countdown to Collaboration!
CNY would like to thank our vendor sponsors for this year:
Registration for Collaboration Day is now closed. Please email Sarah Probst firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
April 17 – Schedule of Events
*schedule is subject to change
|9:00am – 10:00am
||Open Q & A Session with Mike McClellan, III Trainer
|10:00am – 12:00pm
||Sierra Systems Administration training
|2:00pm – 4:00pm
|4:00pm – 7:00pm
||CNY Committee Poster Session & Vendor Showcase
|5:00pm – 7:00pm
April 18 – Schedule of Events
|8:30am – 9:30am
||Registration and continental breakfast
|9:00am – 9:30am
|9:30am – 10:30am
Pamela Jones – CNY Executive Director
|10:30am – 10:45am
|10:45am – 11:00am
|11:00am – 12:30pm
||Still to be Filled: A Vision for Institutions in Open Education
Sarah Cohen – Managing Director, Open Textbook Network (OTN)
|12:30pm – 1:30pm
|1:30pm – 1:45pm
||Innovative Interfaces, Inc.
Tom Jacobson – VP, Executive Library Advocate and Strategist
|1:45pm – 2:30pm
||Concurrent Facilitated Roundtable Discussions:
(1) Cultural Agility and Engagement at the Reference Desk
(2) Technical Services Workflows in Flux
(3) Reference Transactions in Archives/Special Collections
(4) Pick Up Anywhere Best Practices
|2:30pm – 2:45pm
|2:45pm – 3:30pm
||Report Outs from Roundtable Discussions and Closing
Conference Hotel and Other Accommodations
The Desmond Hotel
660 Albany Shaker Road
Albany, NY 12211
800-448-3500 (toll free)
Check-in: 4:00pm, Check-out: 12:00pm
Nightly discounted rate: $129.00, plus 14% tax. Be sure to provide your tax-exempt form and appropriate organizational fund payment method to eliminate the tax.
This room block will be held through April 2, 2019. Reservations may be made by calling either of the above listed numbers and referencing Block Code CNY or by booking through this link: Desmond – CNY Room Rate.
Hotel Cancellation Policy
Individual reservations may be cancelled up to 4:00pm the day prior to arrival without any penalties. Any cancellation after this time will be subject to a fee of one night’s room plus tax.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout entire hotel
- Airport accessibility with 24-hour complimentary shuttle
- Multiple on-site dining options plus room service
- Transportation to restaurants and shopping within the immediate area
- Fitness facility, indoor pool, billiards room, business center
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary newspapers in the lobby
Other Nearby Accommodations